November 22, 2010
Access to and use of this site (www.DownsizeDCFoundation.org & secure.DownsizeDCFoundation.org & the blog, hereafter simply DownsizeDCFoundation.org) is provided by the Downsize DC Foundation and is subject to the following terms:
1. By using DownsizeDCFoundation.org you agree to be legally bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of DownsizeDCFoundation.org. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all the following terms, then please, do not access and/or use DownsizeDCFoundation.org.
2. Downsize DC Foundation may change these terms at any time by posting changes online. Please review these terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by Downsize DC Foundation. Your continued use of DownsizeDCFoundation.org after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
Use of DownsizeDCFoundation.org
3. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use DownsizeDCFoundation.org content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any DownsizeDCFoundation.org content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of DownsizeDCFoundation.org content requires the prior written permission of Downsize DC Foundation.
4. You agree to use DownsizeDCFoundation.org only for lawful purposes and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of DownsizeDCFoundation.org. Prohibited behavior includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content, or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within DownsizeDCFoundation.org.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
5. DownsizeDCFoundation.org content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to DownsizeDCFoundation.org, Inc., its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided “AS IS” and on an “AS AVAILABLE” basis without any representations or any kind of warranty made (whether express or implied by law) to the extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
6. Under no circumstances will Downsize DC Foundation be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses where foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of DownsizeDCFoundation.org regardless of the form of action.
7. Although every effort is made to provide a safe and enjoyable experience to users, Downsize DC Foundation does not warrant that functions contained in DownsizeDCFoundation.org content will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that DownsizeDCFoundation.org or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
8. The names, images, and logos identifying Downsize DC Foundation or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of the Downsize DC Foundation, DownsizeDC.org, Inc., and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel, or otherwise any license or right to use any trademark, patent, design right, or copyright of the Downsize DC Foundation, DownsizeDC.org, Inc., or any other third party.
9. Downsize DCSM and DC DownsizerSM are “Service Marks” of the Downsize DC Foundation.
Contributions to DownsizeDCFoundation.org, Inc.
11. In addition to paragraph 10, by submitting your contribution to DownsizeDCFoundation.org, you:
* 11.1 warrant that your contribution:
* 11.1.1 is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to Downsize DC Foundation for all the purposes specified above;
* 11.1.2 is not defamatory;
* 11.1.3 does not infringe any copyright or trademark right, or violate any law.
* 11.2 you further warrant that you will indemnify Downsize DC Foundation against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by Downsize DC Foundation as a result of your breach of the above warranty; and
* 11.3 you waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on DownsizeDCFoundation.org and the purposes specified above.
DownsizeDCFoundation.org Blog Rules
12. You agree to use any Downsize DC Foundation blogs, bulletin boards, or chat rooms in accordance with the following Rules. These apply across all Downsize DC Foundation sites and services. You should, however, read the local house rules of the particular site or service you are using, as there may be some local variations to these Rules.
About Your Posts
* Contributions must be civil and tasteful
* No impersonation — and we mean absolutely none!
* No disruptive, offensive or abusive behavior: contributions must be constructive and polite, not mean-spirited or contributed with the intention of causing trouble.
* No unlawful or objectionable content. Unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive, or otherwise objectionable material is not acceptable.
* If you use multiple logins for the purpose of disrupting the community or annoying other users, you may have action taken against your accounts.
* Be patient: users of all ages and abilities may be taking part in the relevant Downsize DC Foundation blog, bulletin board, or chat room.
* No spamming or off-topic material: we don't allow the submission of the same or very similar contributions many times. Please don't re-submit your contribution to more than one discussion, or contribute off-topic material in subject-specific areas.
* No advertising. And once again, we mean NONE.
* No inappropriate (e.g. vulgar, offensive etc) user names, nor links to inappropriate URL's (websites).
* Misuse of the complaints facility is not permitted. If you persist in doing this, action may be taken against your account.
At Downsize DC Foundation blogs, bulletin boards, and chat room areas we advise that you never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example: telephone number, home address, or even email address), and please do not include postal addresses of any kind.
Certain Legal Restrictions / Notes
* You may not submit any defamatory or illegal material of any nature to a Downsize DC Foundation blog. This includes text, graphics, video, programs or audio.
* Contributing material with the intention of committing or promoting an illegal act is strictly prohibited.
* You agree to submit only materials which are your own original work. You must not violate, plagiarize, or infringe the rights of third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, and privacy, personal or proprietary rights. Fair use is cool; but give credit where credit is due.
* The views expressed in the comments section of the DownsizeDCFoundation.org Blog areas are those of members of the public and are not necessarily those of DownsizeDCFoundation.org, Inc.
If you are under 18:
* Please get a parent's or guardian's permission before taking part in any DownsizeDCFoundation.org discussion.
* Never, ever reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example, telephone number, home address or email address).
If you fail to abide by these Rules (and/or any variations in the relevant local rules for any section of the site) when taking part in the DownsizeDCFoundation.org Blog or other community service, and such violation is detected, you will be sent an e-mail which informs you why your contribution has been failed or edited. This email will also include a warning that continuing to break the rules may result in action being taken against your account or accounts.
This action may include your relevant account or accounts being placed into pre-moderation or a temporary or permanent suspension of your ability to participate in any or all of the DownsizeDCFoundation.org areas/services.
If you post or send offensive or inappropriate content anywhere on or to Downsize DC Foundation blogs or otherwise engage in any disruptive behavior on DownsizeDCFoundation.org, and Downsize DC Foundation considers such behavior to be serious and/or repeated, then Downsize DC Foundation may use whatever information is available to it about you to stop any further such infringements. This may include informing relevant third parties such as your employer, school or email provider about the infringement(s).
Downsize DC Foundation reserves the right to delete any contribution, or take action against any account, at any time, for any reason.
13. If there is any conflict between these terms and specific terms appearing elsewhere on DownsizeDCFoundation.org (including local rules for any section of the site), then the latter shall prevail.
14. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid, or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid, or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect, and continue to be binding and enforceable.
15. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the United States.